Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

DSCSocketTimeoutException while installing generatepdf-dsc.jar

Former Community Member
Hi

I am trying to install the GeneratePDF service from the workbench. While installing the component i am getting the below error.

!ENTRY com.adobe.DSC_Admin_UI 4 4 2009-03-03 15:04:02.593

!MESSAGE install of C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\deploy\adobe-generatepdf-dsc.jar failed

!STACK 0

ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCSocketTimeoutException: Internal error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.throwExceptionHandler(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:199)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:125)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.client.ComponentRegistryClient.invoke(ComponentRegistryClient.java:373)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.component.client.ComponentRegistryClient.install(ComponentRegistryClient.java:131)

at com.adobe.dsc.views.RegistryTreeViewer$InstallWithProgress.run(RegistryTreeViewer.java:1217)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:143)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2748)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2424)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2347)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1804)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:123)

... 6 more

Any help will be great.

Thanks

Ullas
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Ullas,

To install LiveCycle PDF Generator ES on top of an existing LiveCycle ES deployment, you need to run the Configuration Manager and add PDF Generator.

On JBoss see C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.bat.

It will regenerate the adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear.

Steve

Former Community Member
Thanks Steve but I have already added PDF Generator in the Ear file generated in the configuration manager and I am using the Websphere application server.

Ullas

Former Community Member
Ullas,

If you have installed PDFG, why are you trying to install a jar file in Workbench?

Steve

Level 4
Hi Ullas,

The timeout is controlled by the Axis library which is used by the DSC SDK to make SOAP calls. Its default value is 60 sec.

-- Have you been able to deploy any other DSC using the workbench

-- Are there any server side logs/exception made when you deploy your DSC

Former Community Member
Chetan

I was able to deploy Workflow DSC Event DSC and others also but only generatePDF is thorowing the exception.

How can i increase the timeout period.

Level 4
Ullas<br /><br />Configuring the timeout period is not currently possible. <br /><br />The only solution I can think of is to deploy the component programatically using ServiceRegistry API. This would not be straightforward as the way provided by the Workbench but can be used.<br /><br />There is a sample provided with the LC ES SDK under <LiveCycle_ES_SDK>\samples\LiveCycleESAPI\FoundationAPI\DeployComponent which explains how to deploy the DSC component using LC API<br /><br />In that try to use the EJB route. <br /><br />Note for Websphere you would have to use the IBM JDK.