Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does Acrobat support png with 24 bit transparency?

Former Community Member
I'm trying to add a png with a 24 bit transparency but when I do so it is no longer transparent. 8 bit transparency works fine, but I require the extra alpha detail from 24 bit. Does Acrobat support it?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You know what, I don't think it does with PNG, but if you go into Photoshop and save your graphic as a PDF, then import it as a graphic into the parent document, I think that works.

The reason I say this is because it seems to allow signatures with transparent backgrounds to work. I have not tried it, but maybe today I will, just to see.

Glenn

Former Community Member
Hmm... I seem to be having a few problems trying to import it as a graphic into the desired pdf. Could you say exactly how to do this?

Former Community Member
Sure...Go to PShop and make the image the size you want, ensuring it has a transparent background. Save As a PDF (usually press quality without colour conversion).

Go back into Acrobat, make a button on your document where you want to place the graphic. Select "Icon Only" from "Options" from "Button Properties". Browse for your brand new PDF file you made and Bingo....you should now have your graphic in place on your document.

Let me know if it works.