Highlighted

Commenting "Note Tool" disabled

29-10-2008

I have a form rendered in Workspace that has the comments Note Tool grayed out. We have an XDP that is rendered in Workspace. When I create a PDF, same thing happens. The same mortgage application PDF that ships with workspace works just fine. What am I doing wrong that the commenting tool is disabled?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

Highlighted

29-10-2008

Hi Paul,

We're building the forms (xdp) in LC Designer ES 8.2. I tried first inside Workspace and it was disabled. I then tried in Acrobat 7 (full version) and it was disabled there too. Again, the sample mortgage application works fine in both workspace and in Acrobat.

Thanks!
Highlighted

29-10-2008

Hi Paul,

Yes, it is a form. There are fields on the form. There are 16 fields on the form. We also added the "Process fields" to the form to workspace enable the form.
Highlighted

pguerett

29-10-2008

Is the form being rendered as a dynamic form or a static form? Is this part of a shared revue or are you simply adding comments to a form in workspace?
Highlighted

29-10-2008

Hey Paul,

As an xdp rendered in WorkSpace, I believe it is a dynamic form. But even when we save it as a static form through designer, it does not work. It's not part of a shared revue. It is simply the adding of comments to a form in workspace (or even in acrobat). I can hit the commenting button, but the "note tool" is grayed out or disabled.
Highlighted

pguerett

29-10-2008

Can you try rendering it as a static form ....just to test. In the renderer yuo will have to set render at client to False
Highlighted

30-10-2008

Paul, that worked! Thank you so much for your help.

Any idea on how we can pull the comments out of the form into process variables in Workspace? 🙂