Expand my Community achievements bar.

Commenting "Note Tool" disabled

Former Community Member
I have a form rendered in Workspace that has the comments Note Tool grayed out. We have an XDP that is rendered in Workspace. When I create a PDF, same thing happens. The same mortgage application PDF that ships with workspace works just fine. What am I doing wrong that the commenting tool is disabled?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
11 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

We're building the forms (xdp) in LC Designer ES 8.2. I tried first inside Workspace and it was disabled. I then tried in Acrobat 7 (full version) and it was disabled there too. Again, the sample mortgage application works fine in both workspace and in Acrobat.

Thanks!

Former Community Member
is it a form that you are using? Do you have fields on the form? How many?

Former Community Member
Hi Paul,

Yes, it is a form. There are fields on the form. There are 16 fields on the form. We also added the "Process fields" to the form to workspace enable the form.

Former Community Member
Is the form being rendered as a dynamic form or a static form? Is this part of a shared revue or are you simply adding comments to a form in workspace?

Former Community Member
Hey Paul,

As an xdp rendered in WorkSpace, I believe it is a dynamic form. But even when we save it as a static form through designer, it does not work. It's not part of a shared revue. It is simply the adding of comments to a form in workspace (or even in acrobat). I can hit the commenting button, but the "note tool" is grayed out or disabled.

Former Community Member
Can you try rendering it as a static form ....just to test. In the renderer yuo will have to set render at client to False

Former Community Member
Paul, that worked! Thank you so much for your help.

Any idea on how we can pull the comments out of the form into process variables in Workspace? :-)

Former Community Member
That is not so easy .....you will have to submit the entire PDF (the comments are in a comments layer). Then use Assembler to extract the comments. Then assign each comment to a process variable (it will have to be a listof strings var as you cannot create vars on the fly).

Former Community Member
Thanks Paul! I'll do some digging about Assembler. Thanks again for your help!