Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Combining Documents in 1 PDF

Former Community Member
Hi,

Someone knows if i can combine diferents docs into one only PDF using Generator Pro?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos
14 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Carlos,

This is not possible with PDF Generator. However you can do this currently with Adobe Document Server or with Acrobat.

Hope that helps,

Catherine

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Hello. I need to combine two PDF files: A and B. File "A" contains the odd pages of a scanned document. File B contains the even pages of the same document. A and B were generated from scanning the even and the odd pages of the document into PDF.

When combining, I need to collate the pages in numerical order like in the original document. This is because I do not have a duplex scanner, that would do exactly this.

CAn I do that in Adobe Acrobat 6? Is there another program that does this?

Thank you,

Jovert

Former Community Member
You can do that manually in Acrobat 6, one page at a time. The process would be something like this:

- Open both PDFs in Acrobat

- Extract a page from one PDF and Insert it into the other PDF

- Repeat until finished

Adobe Document Server can do this automatically if you have a lot of documents and pages to process on a daily basis. (You'd have to write commands for ADS that would split up the PDFs into individual pages and then recombine them.)

Former Community Member
Bob,

Thank you for the e-mail.

I need an automatic process for a huge number of pages. Do you know of a program that combine and intersperse the odd and even pages from two files into one document?

Jovert

Former Community Member
Hi,

We have the following requirement:

- Microsoft DOC files are placed in a particular server folder through an external application.

- whenever the folder has a new DOC file, the service needs to convert this into a similarly named PDF and output on the same/different folder.

My question is -

a) Is Lifecycle PDF Generator the right product to do this function?

b) Is scripting required to achieve this? or is this capability provided out of the box?

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Level 6
Hi Catherine Levoir,

You said that: "This is not possible with PDF Generator. However you can do this currently with Adobe Document Server or with Acrobat." In what concerns to Acrobat, I think this is not a solution, because acrobat cannot be automated in server side, right?

Thank you

Former Community Member
Nagaraj: Yes, PDFG can do this. No, you don't need any scripting to set up watched folders, it can all be done from the adminui web client.

Neptuno: Correct, automating Acrobat on the server side violates the EULA. This functionality will be provided by LiveCycle Assembler, currently in Beta.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Yes,PDF-G can do that for you .It is provided out of the box thru the use of Watched Folder

Former Community Member
Hi Carlos, if you are working with LiveCycle products, you must use Assembler insted of Generator; if not, rather use Adobe Document Server, despite it is discontinued, I've been using it for years, its stable and friendly.

greetings

Former Community Member
Art Copy Business and Art Copy Enterprise seem to permit one to scan one side of several two sided documents via a simplex ADF scanner and then scan the other side. The program then automatically combines the scanned pages into one pdf in the correct order. See ScanHelp.com

Former Community Member
I have adobe acrobat pro and would like to combine 2 pages and make one page. So for example, I have a diagram and I have another page with numbers (both PDF files). I would like to have both the diagram and also the other page all on one page. Does anyone know how to do this?

Former Community Member
Unfortunately I don't think you are going to be able to do this. You could save a JPG of each PDF and then edit them with a graphic editor and then print to a PDF again. The concept of combining pages with Acrobat Professional is simply to take one or more complete pages and pasting them together like you would do if these were paper pages in a book.

Dave

Former Community Member
I have 4 pdf documents that I want in one document, please tell me simply how to do this?

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have 33 pdfs I've created from AutoCAD drawings. Each pdf is only 1 sheet. How do I combine the first 14 pdfs into one with acrobat 8. None of the online explanations seem to be available on this version.

Thanx Craig