Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't access tetxt fields

Former Community Member
Any ideas why I get the following error on my text fields?:

'access' attribute should explicitly be set to 'nonInteractive'. Field will be drawn as a boilerplate.

Some fields are working correctly, others not.

Thanks

KD
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Is your text field on the master page or a body page? What version of Designer and what version of Acrobat are you using?

Chris

Adobe Enteprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I am using Designer 7, and I have Acrobat 6 Standard. The form is saved as a Version 6 Static. The fields are on Page1 and so I think its not the master page.

Former Community Member
Page1 is the default name for the initial master page that is there when you create a new form in Designer.

If you are saving as Version 6 compatible then it is PDF 1.5. In PDF 1.5 all fields on a master page were considered boilerplate objects and can not be interacted with. The error message you see is reflecting this and alerting you that the field is being converted to boilerplate.

If you want a interactive field on a master page it has to be PDF 1.6 which requires Acrobat 7+.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
I have created other forms and the fields work......So you are saying, if you save a form as Version 6, you can not enter data into a form? Or are you saying I need to create an area other than the Master page to put my fields on?.... and then of course, how?

Thanks

KD

Former Community Member
I'm saying that in PDF 1.5 you cannot have interactive fields on the master page. They need to be on a body page. When you create a new form in Designer there is first body page already created for you. To create more you would click on the top level form object in the hierarchy and choose "New Body Page".

Chris

Adobe Enteprise Developer Support