Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Align Text

Former Community Member
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I have a text field that I've made taller than 1 line of text. When I start typing in the text field, the text starts in the middle of the text field. I'd like it to start typing at the top. I have checked off the option to allow multiple lines of text. I would just like to show the user the first few lines they have typed before the scroll bars appear.

Eg:

Text Field:

|

|

|

|Text Starts here

|

|

|

------------------------------

|I want Text to Start here

|

|

|

|

|

|

------------------------------

Thanks,

Brad
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Brad,

In the Paragraph Tab for the TextField, you should click on "Align Top". You can edit the caption and value, or just the value only. In your case, you would need to edit the value only. This will give you the functionality you need.

Let me know if you experience any problems.

Catherine

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Brad_McIntyre@adobeforums.com wrote:

> Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

>

> I have a text field that I've made taller than 1 line of text. When I start typing in the text field, the text starts in the middle of the text field. I'd like it to start typing at the top. I have checked off the option to allow multiple lines of text. I would just like to show the user the first few lines they have typed before the scroll bars appear.

>

> Eg:

>

> Text Field:

> _____________________________

> |

> |

> |

> |Text Starts here

> |

> |

> |

> ------------------------------

>

> _____________________________

> |I want Text to Start here

> |

> |

> |

> |

> |

> |

> ------------------------------

>

> Thanks,

>

> Brad

Brad,

Go to the Paragraph palette and you'll see an icon for "Align Top".

You can set this for the caption, the value, or both.

Justin Klei

Cardinal Solutions Group

www.cardinalsolutions.com

Former Community Member
A great big Thanks to both of you! I just started using the program yesterday. I was not aware of the "Paragraph" pallet.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

Brad