Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

addInstance creating rows with fields bound together

Former Community Member
I am using a data connection to prefill a dynamic form. The form has a AddRow button to allow adding additional blank rows beyond the prefilled rows. AddRow executes the following two lines as the click event:

root.PO.grid.Table1.#subformSet[0].action.AddRow::click: - (JavaScript, client)

Table1._r2.addInstance(1);

xfa.form.recalculate(1);

Some fields in the row r2″ have default bindings such as

b $record.item[*].OrderMult

and

b $record.item[*].ItemDesc1

, etc. which are used during prefill.

The strange behavior is that the

b ItemDesc1

field for all of the rows created using the AddRow button appear linked in some fashion. A value entered in any these rows immediately gets propagated to the other rows. This linked-value behavior happens for all of the row fields that have a Non-Normal default binding.

Do I need to explictly change the bindings of the newly added instances to prevent this problem? How would that be done?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you get a respone? I have the same problem. The second and third occurrence or instances seem linked. If I remove the binding it works. I have tried binding the subform, binding the fields independently of the suborm and still the problem persists.

Former Community Member
Problem Solved. (well actually just avoided).

I copied row

i r2

to new row

i BlankRow

i BlankRow

is the same as

i r2

except all of the bindings have been changed to

b Normal

. I then changed the

i AddRow

button to point to the