Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to find profile with over 50 identities

Level 2

Is there a solution for accessing profiles with over 50 identities? 

My own profile was visible in AEP but I am now running into the "There was a problem displaying the profiles. This profile has more than 50 identities and cannot be displayed." message. After running a query, I have over 95 different ECIDs attached. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can use the Identity Graph viewer to see identities for a Profile that have more than 50 and less than 150 identities.

Once the Profile exceeds 50 identities the Profiles Service begins to ignore them.

If you would like to know which identities across the board fall into this you can run a query (replace the profile_snapshot_export_xxxx dataset with the one for your sandbox)

-- count number of identities for a profile across rows (assume the first identity is the link across rows)

select one_NS, one_ID, count(distinct id_count.id) from ( select explode(IDS) as id_count, One_NS, One_ID[0].id as one_ID from ( select explode(map_values(identityMap)) as IDS, (map_values(identityMap))[0] as One_ID, (map_keys(identityMap))[0] as One_NS from profile_snapshot_export_xxxx ) ) group by one_NS, one_ID having count(distinct id_count.id) > 90 order by 3 desc Limit 10

Output:

one_NS

one_ID

count(DISTINCT id_count)

ecid

xxx

ecid

yyy

ecid

zzz

At some point soon, the limit for the identity graph will be reduced to 50 as well and the above query will no longer work.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@mbr4n 50 is the hard limit for Identity count for individual profile Identity Graph,  profile with >50 identities are excluded from segmentation, exports, and lookups. 

Reference doc here

If you don't mind expanding on what is your use case for looking up profile with 50+ ECID attached?

Level 2

@Anil_Umachigi Thank you for the reply! We are in the early stages of offer decisioning executions but are unable to qualify for experiences as employees for those of us that have over 50 ECIDs attached. Employees are also part of our consumer base. Additionally, I was previously using my own profile as a demonstration of how AEP - segmentation and offer decisioning - work.

Has there been any workaround to the 50 hard limit?

Community Advisor

@mbr4n 

Profile system jobs endpoint (Delete requests) workaround you can use to clean up your own profile by deleting a dataset or batch from the Profile store to remove data that is no longer needed or was added in error.. This is not a suggested workaround in production scenario with real customer data.

Check out https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/profile/api/profile-system-jobs.html?lan...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can use the Identity Graph viewer to see identities for a Profile that have more than 50 and less than 150 identities.

Once the Profile exceeds 50 identities the Profiles Service begins to ignore them.

If you would like to know which identities across the board fall into this you can run a query (replace the profile_snapshot_export_xxxx dataset with the one for your sandbox)

-- count number of identities for a profile across rows (assume the first identity is the link across rows)

select one_NS, one_ID, count(distinct id_count.id) from ( select explode(IDS) as id_count, One_NS, One_ID[0].id as one_ID from ( select explode(map_values(identityMap)) as IDS, (map_values(identityMap))[0] as One_ID, (map_keys(identityMap))[0] as One_NS from profile_snapshot_export_xxxx ) ) group by one_NS, one_ID having count(distinct id_count.id) > 90 order by 3 desc Limit 10

Output:

one_NS

one_ID

count(DISTINCT id_count)

ecid

xxx

ecid

yyy

ecid

zzz

At some point soon, the limit for the identity graph will be reduced to 50 as well and the above query will no longer work.

Level 2

@Danny-Miller Thanks for the reply - super helpful! Is there a query that we can run to detect how many profiles inside of Platform have more than 50 identities attached? 

Level 2

@mbr4n Did you manage to find a solution for this?