Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segment didn't work correctlly with in my setting

Level 3

I created a segment based on UTM.

New Segment need contains both data of UTM=WeChat and UTM=Unsepecific (only from 3.20-3.23)(The combination of red area)

DebbyNPL_2-1617789248224.png

So I create a Segment (WeChat) Like That 

New Segment: (UTM=WeChat) OR (UTM=Unsepecific AND Dataperiod=3.20-3.23)

DebbyNPL_5-1617789492858.png

But the data goes wrong like......(The Dataperiod=3.20-3.23 works for all containers)

DebbyNPL_3-1617789315488.png  

Could anyone tell me is there any logical issue while I creating the segment?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @DebbyNPL - your logic is sound, but it is my understanding that by using the date range feature in the Segment Builder, you override the panel's default date range. Ben Gains posted a video introducing rolling dates in segments and how it superseded the date on the report's panel itself. It looks like the reverse may be true as well. Here's the video just for fun: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/components/segmentation/rolling-da...

Since you have a small date range - use the "Day" dimension (each day using an OR condition). Gave it a quick test and it works based on what you're looking for.

aa-custom-date.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @DebbyNPL - your logic is sound, but it is my understanding that by using the date range feature in the Segment Builder, you override the panel's default date range. Ben Gains posted a video introducing rolling dates in segments and how it superseded the date on the report's panel itself. It looks like the reverse may be true as well. Here's the video just for fun: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/components/segmentation/rolling-da...

Since you have a small date range - use the "Day" dimension (each day using an OR condition). Gave it a quick test and it works based on what you're looking for.

aa-custom-date.png