Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Real-time web personalization with AEP and Target - is platform web SDK required?

Level 1

I'm looking into a real-time web personalization use case using AEP and Adobe Target and am wondering how data is shared between AEP and AT, and if the Platform Web SDK is required or if another SDK like Tealium can be used. 

The content I want to display on site, using Target, varies based on if an individual is in a RTCDP segment. Thus I'm wondering how often the AEP RTCDP segment data is shared with Target. More specifically, what happens if between 2 web pages in the customer journey, the individual takes an action to fall out of my segment. Could I expect both AEP and Target to have updated segment data before the individual gets to the 2nd web page?

The core of this question is how does data share between Adobe Target and AEP? I've read in some documentation that "

segments are centrally configured and maintained on Platform, and are readily accessible by any Adobe solution

however I am looking for some more detail on how this works technically speaking. And furthermore if the platform web SDK is truly required for this type of use case.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@cmagnemi , as @NimashaJain mentioned, Web SDK will be a requirement for Edge Segmentation. However, it should be noted that Web SDK is just a javascript library and it can be implemented with third-party tag managers, like Tealium. There is no requirement to use Adobe's tag manager (tags, formerly Launch) to implement Web SDK.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Good question!

If I understood correctly this is not possible today.

I think:

The integration AEP/AT will rely on making the AEP profile available in real time for Adobe Target. Also, it may have something to do with Edge Segmentation.

Best if Adobe can shed some light on this.

Level 1

I believe that is the case as well. Will likely need to use the Platform Web SDK along with edge segmentation for data to be available in target.

Thanks for your reply!

Administrator

@cmagnemi WebSDK is hard requirement for Edge Segmentation for Target.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@cmagnemi , as @NimashaJain mentioned, Web SDK will be a requirement for Edge Segmentation. However, it should be noted that Web SDK is just a javascript library and it can be implemented with third-party tag managers, like Tealium. There is no requirement to use Adobe's tag manager (tags, formerly Launch) to implement Web SDK.