Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to perform the unification in Adobe experience platform for streaming data without PII information?

Level 3

Hi team,
How to perform the unification in Adobe experience platform for streaming data without PII information? If we want to collect the data from WebSDK and MobileSDK?

Regards,
Sandip

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @sandip_surse , 

I believe you are aware that PII refers to Personally Identifiable Information, such as name, email, phone number, address, etc.

If I understand your question correctly, by "unification," you mean stitching data from different sources. In AEP terms, this means defining a field to act as an identity, which allows you to combine data from various sources or link events to a profile.

You don't necessarily need PII data for unification—you can use other unique identifiers, such as CRMID, hashed CRMID, hashed emails, or hashed phone numbers.

If you are using Mobile SDK or Web SDK, you will have the ECID (Experience Cloud ID), which is commonly used for cross-device stitching and is generally available for this purpose.

Kind regards,
Parvesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @sandip_surse , 

I believe you are aware that PII refers to Personally Identifiable Information, such as name, email, phone number, address, etc.

If I understand your question correctly, by "unification," you mean stitching data from different sources. In AEP terms, this means defining a field to act as an identity, which allows you to combine data from various sources or link events to a profile.

You don't necessarily need PII data for unification—you can use other unique identifiers, such as CRMID, hashed CRMID, hashed emails, or hashed phone numbers.

If you are using Mobile SDK or Web SDK, you will have the ECID (Experience Cloud ID), which is commonly used for cross-device stitching and is generally available for this purpose.

Kind regards,
Parvesh

Level 3

Hi @Parvesh_Parmar
Yes your understanding is correct regarding to my question. Even I am also considering the ECID which is we can use for stitching purpose. In Web SDK uses an identity map with the Experience Cloud Id (ECID) as the default primary identity and an authenticated id as the primary identity when available.
But, same time little confused as we don't have PII data like email address...So I thought let's use this forum and discuss on this.
Also, I agree with your point we can use other unique identifiers, such as CRMID, hashed CRMID, hashed emails, or hashed phone numbers etc.

Thanks
Sandip