Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profiles Widget, Channel Preferences

Level 5

Hi there,

I am looking to have this widget populated, but am failing to know which schema, and value this is coming from. Can anyone help me?

akwankl_0-1707094377186.png

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @akwankl 

Unfortunately, there is no direct API to add/remove profiles from audience lists.

For your case, there are other field groups for subscriptions for different plans. May be this can work for your use case.

documentation link: Telecom Subscription Schema Field Group | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @akwankl 

This comes from a Profile schema. You can populate these values by adding Consent and Preferences field group in the schema

documentation is available here: Consents and Preferences Schema Field Group | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 5

Thanks @Manoj_Kumar_.

And if we create our own customized schema for consents, we would not be able to use the same widget with the icons and checkmarks, correct?

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Yes, that's correct.

I would suggest using the consent and preferences field group and keeping it in sync with the custom schema because AJO looks at this field group to exclude customers if they opted out.

Out-of-the-box unsubscribe functionality like List header unsubscribe, will use this field group to update the consent status. 

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 5

Thank you!

The reason why we need to go with a custom schema is because the OOTB field group seems to be at the channel level only, ie. customer opts out of the sms, push, email channel. However, our company has additional levels where, for example, customers have the options to opt out from SMS for products 1-9 (multi-select options). 

For example, customer preference:

- SMS opt-out, product 1,3,5

- Email opt-out, product 1

- Push opt-out, all products

How would you recommend we approach this?

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Hello @akwankl 

You can use Subscription Lists and consent field groups as the combination for these.

Overall channel option will be available in the consent and preferences filed group. Others can go to Subscription Lists.

All of this will work Out of the box.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 5

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_,

This is interesting, can you elaborate more on how it could work? Is it this field group you are referring to? 

akwankl_0-1707100671023.png

For example:

- SMS opt-out, product 1,3,5

- Email opt-out, product 1,3

- Push opt-out, all products

How would the sample data look? Thank you so much.

Community Advisor

Hello @akwankl 

I am referring to the subscription list in the left navigation.

Manoj_Kumar__0-1707101516617.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 5

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ ,

This feature seems to it requires to build a landing page for the subscription from AEP/AJO. What happens if we already have an unsubscription landing page created outside of AJO and are already collecting the data. How do we include into this?

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @akwankl 

Unfortunately, there is no direct API to add/remove profiles from audience lists.

For your case, there are other field groups for subscriptions for different plans. May be this can work for your use case.

documentation link: Telecom Subscription Schema Field Group | Adobe Experience Platform

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Administrator

@akwankl Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.