Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Checking TTL's on Dataset

Level 5

Hi -

Can someone direct me to the API call that allows you to look up the TTL on a specific dataset? I followed the documentation from the links below but can not seem to pull any data. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/profile/event-expirations.html

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-lifecycle/api/dataset-expiration.ht...

thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello @DavidRoss91 

Experience Event expirations cannot be configured through the Platform UI or APIs. Instead, you must contact support in order to enable Experience Event expirations on your required datasets. Also for now there is no API to retrieve the info, reach Adobe to find out for your tenant/sandbox/dataset TTL's applied in the past.

Thanks,

NN

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hello @DavidRoss91 

Experience Event expirations cannot be configured through the Platform UI or APIs. Instead, you must contact support in order to enable Experience Event expirations on your required datasets. Also for now there is no API to retrieve the info, reach Adobe to find out for your tenant/sandbox/dataset TTL's applied in the past.

Thanks,

NN

Community Advisor

Hello @DavidRoss91 ,

There are two distinct methods for deletion:

1. Complete Dataset Deletion: This method involves deleting the entire dataset, and APIs are available for executing this action. It's essential to note that a special data hygiene license is required for this operation.

2. Deletion of Specific Data in Dataset (Experience Events): The second approach is to delete specific data within the dataset, specifically the experience events. Unlike the first method, this will not delete the entire dataset. Instead, it removes events within the dataset when the Time-To-Live (TTL) is reached. For instance, if the TTL is set to 3 months, all events with a timestamp earlier than 3 months will be deleted. Notably, there is no API for this, and a support ticket must be raised to initiate the process.

If you have any further questions or require clarification, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Arpan

Level 4

Complete Dataset Deletion: This method involves deleting the entire dataset, and APIs are available for executing this action. It's essential to note that a special data hygiene license is required for this operation.

@arpan-garg Its new to me that data hygiene license is needed in order to delete datasets. Could you please provide a reference to some Adobe Documentation which confirms this?
Thank you!

Level 4

Thank you @arpan-garg for providing the link.

I still don't get it. This documentation clearly says "Record delete requests". Your statement was that "Complete Dataset Deletion" requires the data hygiene license.

Community Advisor

Hi @maggod - You are correct; it refers to 'Record delete requests' rather than 'Complete Dataset Deletion.' In this scenario, I believe there is no specific license requirement. I apologize for any confusion.

Thanks

Administrator

Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.