Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to exclude IP ranges in the Adobe Experience Platform data collection?

Level 3

I want to exclude a range of internal IP Addresses in the Adobe Experience Platform data collection.

Inside the Data streams, I was hoping to find an option that allows this and lets me enter an IP range to exclude. My hope was to block the events from reaching real-time CDP. Is this possible? Or do I need to add an attribute to the data layer to exclude these hits from being sent by the web SDK altogether?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The feature to exclude an event/abort is still not in place. There are couple of work arounds depending on where you want to use the event 

1. data layer: like you suggested if there is a way to tag a user as internal this you could exclude this hit within adobe launch config 
  2. You could use regex in data prep to match the range and add a flag to field in schema 
  3. Use the flag added via data prep to ignore/filter events in analytics or event forwarding 

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The feature to exclude an event/abort is still not in place. There are couple of work arounds depending on where you want to use the event 

1. data layer: like you suggested if there is a way to tag a user as internal this you could exclude this hit within adobe launch config 
  2. You could use regex in data prep to match the range and add a flag to field in schema 
  3. Use the flag added via data prep to ignore/filter events in analytics or event forwarding 

Hope that helps!

Level 2

We have implemented CDP using adobe tags(launch) AEP web sdk extension. Now we are looking for excluding user internal user profiles. Is there any direct way in rtcdp like adobe analytics to exclude internal IP ranges. Also, can we use custom code and datalayer flag approach to do this? if yes, what should be the custom code to fetch user IP using alloy.js.