Expand my Community achievements bar.

Query profiles based on attributes

Level 1

I'd like to query a list of profiles that are associated with certain attributes. For instance, if i have an email address I'd like to find the profile and the Identity Namespace ID associated with the profile so I can look it up in the profile detail pages. 

Am I able to query profiles in this way and if so what would that process look like?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Have you tried teh profile look up within the UI? In addition you can try query profile snapshot dataset see below 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/dashboards/query#count-of-profiles-by...

Anil

Level 1

Yes, unfortunately our only identity namespace ID that can be used for search is an internal ID which requires a lookup. Typically, when looking up a profile we're given more accessible customer information like hashed email or phone, so I'm looking for a way to easily reverse search our Namespace ID from other profile information. That way I can go back to the profile lookup and search. 

Level 3

The lookup can be a dataset that you import into AEP. Use Data Distiller with Profile Snapshot and you should be good to go. You can generate a set of searches dataset on schedule for verification.

Level 2

you can query (using query service) the profile snapshot dataset with the filter condition in email attribute and get the identity, which you can then use to lookup the profile.

--ssj

Level 3

You should read this document I published:

https://data-distiller.all-stuff-data.com/unit-5-audiences-and-segmentation/aud-101-build-segment-ov...

Profile snapshot datasets is the answer you are looking for and you can use SQL on it. 

Administrator

@jacobs21261531 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni