Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Guidance on Adobe Analytics implementation through Web SDK

Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a high level procedure to implement Adobe Analytics through Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK? Please assume that we are already collecting web data through Adobe Launch.

Do share any caveats or repercussions that I need to keep in mind. Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @pavani1241 

Hope you are doing well!

Since it's a migration, below are a few high level steps:

1. Document your current state Adobe Analytics implementation, which includes data layer specifications, SDR and processing rules
  2. Setup an XDM schema in your AEP instance (I strongly recommend using a lower environment or a sandbox for a rough implementation) and a dataset with same schema. You may consider starting with "Adobe Analytics ExperienceEvent Template"
  3. Setup a datastream in Launch (aka Data Collection) and enable Adobe Analytics with a test or development report suite
  4. Open up a new web property in Tags (new name for Adobe Launch) and install "AEP Web SDK extension" by configuring basic pieces of information
  5. Setup data elements (with XDM objects) and page load / user interaction rules (I would say, do a few simple rules for an initial understanding and testing) 
  6. Deploy the container and data layer in a test page. Validate AEP hits (triggering from the browser) through Adobe Experience Platform Debugger)
  7. Iterate step 5 and 6 until the migration (according to your current scope) is fully complete

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kishore

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @pavani1241 

Hope you are doing well!

Since it's a migration, below are a few high level steps:

1. Document your current state Adobe Analytics implementation, which includes data layer specifications, SDR and processing rules
  2. Setup an XDM schema in your AEP instance (I strongly recommend using a lower environment or a sandbox for a rough implementation) and a dataset with same schema. You may consider starting with "Adobe Analytics ExperienceEvent Template"
  3. Setup a datastream in Launch (aka Data Collection) and enable Adobe Analytics with a test or development report suite
  4. Open up a new web property in Tags (new name for Adobe Launch) and install "AEP Web SDK extension" by configuring basic pieces of information
  5. Setup data elements (with XDM objects) and page load / user interaction rules (I would say, do a few simple rules for an initial understanding and testing) 
  6. Deploy the container and data layer in a test page. Validate AEP hits (triggering from the browser) through Adobe Experience Platform Debugger)
  7. Iterate step 5 and 6 until the migration (according to your current scope) is fully complete

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kishore

Level 1

Could you elaborate on the validation step (#6), as I'm trying to understand a little more granularity for how to complete.