Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fix the problem Wrong identity type for Custom identity namespace

Community Advisor

Hello guys,

Wrongly we created custom identity namespace and currently this has been used in CJA and RT-CDP. I would like to ask what happen if we delete it and create a new one. Does it have some impact with CJA and RT-CDP? Any suggestion? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@Luca_Lattarini : Currently, there is no provision to delete a namespace ( via UI or in the backend). I would recommend creating a new namespace and using that for your use case. Append - DO NOT USE in the display name of the original namespace that was created using the AEP UI.  Any data that has been ingested using the original ( incorrect custom identify) will still remain in Platform. Work with Adobe Engineering to clean up the data from Unified Identity Services. Make use of the Profile System Jobs API to delete the data from the profile store (UPS). Deleting the batch from the UI will delete it from the lake only. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Luca_Lattarini 

Hera are my thoughts:

- If you need to fix the data you should definitely do it.

- You will definitely need to perform the clean up in CJA as well as UPS. Cleanup will involve deleting and reloading the historic records again.

- RT-CDP: If you have done any activations, that needs to be validated to see how these ids are used. This is dependent of the use case. How are you using RT-CDP currently?

- CJA reports can be rebuilt again easily, so you will need to add the new dataset and reconfigure identity for the connection. If you have exports from CJA then then impact needs to be validated. If no, then this will be easy fix.

Regards,

Chetanya

Community Advisor

Hi @ChetanyaJain ,

Understood how to manage the downstream.

One question, Is it possible to Delete or Edit the Identity Namespace from the AEP User-interface?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Hi @Luca_Lattarini 

• You cannot delete or edit the namespace from AEP UI.
  • You can only edit the display name

Regards,

Chetanya

Correct answer by
Employee

@Luca_Lattarini : Currently, there is no provision to delete a namespace ( via UI or in the backend). I would recommend creating a new namespace and using that for your use case. Append - DO NOT USE in the display name of the original namespace that was created using the AEP UI.  Any data that has been ingested using the original ( incorrect custom identify) will still remain in Platform. Work with Adobe Engineering to clean up the data from Unified Identity Services. Make use of the Profile System Jobs API to delete the data from the profile store (UPS). Deleting the batch from the UI will delete it from the lake only.