to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEP SFTP data source - default directory

Level 1

Hi,

When setting up an SFTP data source and making a connection, AEP appears to connect only to the lowest level (/) directory. Is there a way I can instead have it go to the default directory?

The problem I have is that a directory level between the lowest level and where I need to get to has a restricted permission setup that can't be altered and I can't navigate through to where my files live.

At least, I don't know how to. If someone knows what I'm talking about and can advise a solution, that would be great!

For example, I need to navigate to /home/cli/target_folder

But /cli doesn't allow access so through the AEP UI, I can only get as far as /home

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Tarik,

I had also faced the same issue. At the beginning, I had requested him to create a folder for me under /home/<my user name>/. While working with the Unix admin on this, we ended up creating a new folder at root "/aep_input/" with proper permission.

Thanks,

Bitun

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Tarik,

I had also faced the same issue. At the beginning, I had requested him to create a folder for me under /home/<my user name>/. While working with the Unix admin on this, we ended up creating a new folder at root "/aep_input/" with proper permission.

Thanks,

Bitun