Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Schema Updation

Level 2

Hi Team,

I'm having trouble with AEP Schema. My question is this: I created a schema in AEP and inserted 50 records into it. Then I changed some values in the same file and inserted the record into the same schema, but it was not updated; instead, it was inserted into the same schema.

Is there any way to update the records?

SS for reference

jeeshan02_0-1703229973421.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @jeeshan02 

You would not need this approach for an event dataset as events are time series data with timestamps. They don't overwrite information as they happen over a period of time.

Profile data on the other hand is record data and hence might get overwritten. That's why the need to upsert enable the dataset in case of profile dataset.

Hope the above clarifies the approach.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jeeshan02 

I guess you meant you inserted records into an AEP dataset.

By default, datasets are not enabled for upserts (update and inserts). You can enable them using the method described on this link: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/catalog/datasets/enable-upsert.html?lang...

Once you enable the dataset for upsert, your data will not be overwritten but the profile instead would be updated. 

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

Thanks for the Responce

Can we get this approach for Event as well.

Thanks,

Jeeshan

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @jeeshan02 

You would not need this approach for an event dataset as events are time series data with timestamps. They don't overwrite information as they happen over a period of time.

Profile data on the other hand is record data and hence might get overwritten. That's why the need to upsert enable the dataset in case of profile dataset.

Hope the above clarifies the approach.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Administrator

@jeeshan02 Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.