Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK isuue

Level 2

Hi, our company recently switched from old Adobe tracking to the new Experience Platform Web SDK. We followed the steps mentioned on Adobe's documentation and configured XDM schema and datstream. There were no issues with the set-up, however after mapping all our Pops, eVars and events when we tried to QA the tracking we found out in Adobe Experience Platform Debugger there are number of props, eVars and events missing out the values.
The network section shows the same missing values.

As per Adobe's documentations in "console" with command _satelite.setdebug(true) this can be done and we were able to track all the missing values from the debugger and we are also able to track all the data in Adobe Analytics workspace but this method would be a lengthy process for our QA team as they previously relied on Adobe Experience Platform Debugger.
Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this error?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can also further click on the "hit" in the upstream to check what data exactly was received by Adobe Analytics and stored in Data Feed format. Since the availability of AEP Assurance, it is the prefered way to QA tracking for me than the old browser plugin.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 4.52.22 PM.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 5

Hi @ruchit0622 

There are few avenues to pursue here:-

1. Review Your Mappings: Carefully check your data element mapping within the rule configuration. Make sure that your eVars, props, and events are being correctly assigned to the variables they should be.
  2. Check XDM Schema: Make sure the XDM schema that you are using is correct and matches your tracking setup. An incorrect schema can cause tracking data to be omitted.
  3. Test with Simple Setup: Create a simplified version of your tracking setup with just a few key variables to test if they appear correctly in the debugger. If these variables appear correctly, gradually add more until you encounter the issue. This can help identify if a specific variable or set of variables is causing the issue.
  4. Update SDK: Make sure your Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK is up to date. Sometimes, issues like these can occur due to an older version of the SDK.
  5. Check for Conflicts: Check if there's any potential conflict with other scripts or components on your site. For example, there might be some ad blockers, JavaScript errors, or other third-party scripts that might be interfering with the data collection.  
    BUT, remember, the debugger is a tool to help identify what's being sent to Adobe, but the true source of truth should be the raw hit data that's being sent to Adobe servers, which can be checked in the network tab of your browser's developer tools, so, make sure to validate there to confirm that all necessary data is being sent.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Madhan

Level 2

Hi Madan, 

We have done all the above mentioned steps but we are still missing the data in the network calls 

Level 5

I see, there could be an issue with the server-side forwarding of data from Adobe Experience Platform to Adobe Analytics then. Make sure your edge configurations and server-side forwarding are correctly configured. Did you check this ? Also if some of your events rely on user interaction or delayed scripts, they might be trying to fire before the necessary data is available. In this case, you may need to adjust the timing or sequence of your scripts.

Let me know.

Level 2

Hi @adobechat we did check that there is no issue with configuration either 

Level 5

Then its most likely a problem with your Javascript.

Community Advisor

Did you try to use Edge Transaction in the debugger to monitor how tracking going through the client/edge/upstream

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 1.52.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 1.54.29 PM.png

Level 2

Hi @leocwlau yes i did check the edge transaction and found no issues on tracking 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can also further click on the "hit" in the upstream to check what data exactly was received by Adobe Analytics and stored in Data Feed format. Since the availability of AEP Assurance, it is the prefered way to QA tracking for me than the old browser plugin.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 4.52.22 PM.png

Level 2

Hi @leocwlau Thank you, I can try to QA using this technique