Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extra event received from webSDK

Level 2

I was trying to impement webSDK on an frontend, but i faced an issue that extra event with event type 

web.webinteraction.linkClicks were received. Anyone has any clue about that?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @RexChen ,

Good try, I would say that implementing the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK allows you to have a complete understanding of your user's interaction on your website. Sometimes, you may get extra events such as web.webinteraction.linkClicks which are generated due to the default configuration.

If you'd like to disable automatic link click collection, you need to set the clickCollectionEnabled property to false in your configuration, here is one way to doing it:-

alloy("configure", {
"configId": "your-config-id",
"imsOrgId": "your-org-id@AdobeOrg",
"edgeDomain": "your-edge-domain",
"clickCollectionEnabled": false
});

Just replace your-config-id, your-org-id@AdobeOrg, and your-edge-domain with your actual values.

Remember, by setting clickCollectionEnabled to false, the SDK will no longer automatically send events for clicks on links or form submissions. If you want to manually send these events, you'll need to use the collect command.

All the best, hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Madhan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

i need to disable this default feature by add this into configuration

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @RexChen ,

Good try, I would say that implementing the Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK allows you to have a complete understanding of your user's interaction on your website. Sometimes, you may get extra events such as web.webinteraction.linkClicks which are generated due to the default configuration.

If you'd like to disable automatic link click collection, you need to set the clickCollectionEnabled property to false in your configuration, here is one way to doing it:-

alloy("configure", {
"configId": "your-config-id",
"imsOrgId": "your-org-id@AdobeOrg",
"edgeDomain": "your-edge-domain",
});

Just replace your-config-id, your-org-id@AdobeOrg, and your-edge-domain with your actual values.

Remember, by setting clickCollectionEnabled to false, the SDK will no longer automatically send events for clicks on links or form submissions. If you want to manually send these events, you'll need to use the collect command.

All the best, hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Madhan