Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Analytics OOTB Integration Data Issue

Level 4

Hi,

We are using Adobe Analytics OOTB integration for AEP and we noticed that our data usage has shot up.  How do we solution around that?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @SCB21 

You might want to contact Adobe support to set an expiry limit on an unknown profile without experience events.

It is a part of data hygiene; All the unwanted/unused profiles will expire after a particular duration. Also consider adding a expiring times on the datasets you are creating in the platform.

That will help you save on the billing for active profiles and hard drive use-age.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@SCB21 Could you elaborate more? Do you mean server volume ( used for billing) in adobe analytics has increased above your average? 

Please help with more information to help troubleshoot 

Level 4

Hi @Anil_Umachigi,

Since we are setting up adobe analytics as out of the box, the data coming from AA has hit a very high volume and impacting our data usage overall.  Is there a way to bring down the AA data considering that data has both anonymous and known users?

Thanks

Community Advisor

@SCB21 Ideally the AA to AEP connection should not affect this. The connection happens server side and does not really impact "data collection" where you are seeing increased volumes. 

I would suggest checking your data to investigate what and where the events/hits are originating,  highly suspect it is bot issue. 

Level 4

HI @Anil_Umachigi,

We were told to use query services to filter out logged in users and remove any junk data coming in.  We will check the bot side of things, but has anyone come across this scenario before.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @SCB21 

You might want to contact Adobe support to set an expiry limit on an unknown profile without experience events.

It is a part of data hygiene; All the unwanted/unused profiles will expire after a particular duration. Also consider adding a expiring times on the datasets you are creating in the platform.

That will help you save on the billing for active profiles and hard drive use-age.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn