Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reterive Value from Custom Code

Level 4

Hello,

I'm using the Adobe Analytics "Set Variables" action and I have a variable in the Custom Code section.   How do I get the variable from the Custom Code and assign it to any of the evars, props, etc. in the UI? So if I have this:

var loc = 'florida';

what is the code I use to assign the value in the UI (not via code)?  %this.loc% doesn't work.

evar.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As Andrey Osadchuk​ mentioned, custom code is run after the UI.

A way around this would be to have multiple "Analytics - Set Variables" in a rule. have the first one execute the custom code, then the second rule use the UI to set the variables.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

You could set the element inside your custom code like this:

_satellite.setVar("user_location","florida");

to retrieve it to set the analytics call you can reference it like this %user_location%

Level 4

Doesn't seem to work - the string literal %user_location% is passed.  Also tried %this.user_location%.

Level 10

MktgCloudUser, I have not checked this but it may not work just because the custom code is executed after the UI. If it's possible in your scenario, move your code from the "Custom code" to "Conditions" that have precedence. Let me know if that helped.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

As Andrey Osadchuk​ mentioned, custom code is run after the UI.

A way around this would be to have multiple "Analytics - Set Variables" in a rule. have the first one execute the custom code, then the second rule use the UI to set the variables.