Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Maximum length of product string

Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if Adobe has any limit on the length of product string in Adobe Launch.

I try to implement product impression in Adobe Launch, and notice that if there are too many products (s.products is more than 100KB) the rule fires but no beacon was sent.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There's a limit on the length of each product within the s.products string, but s.products itself doesn't have any limit that I'm aware of.

But browsers have a limit on the amount of data that they can send via a GET (i.e. what you see in the request URL) or POST (i.e. the request's payload) request. AA normally sends its hits via GET requests, so it's very likely that if you have a lot of products in your s.products string, then the resulting request URL to AA's servers has exceeded that browser limitation. And you can't do anything about that because the browser itself has that limitation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There's a limit on the length of each product within the s.products string, but s.products itself doesn't have any limit that I'm aware of.

But browsers have a limit on the amount of data that they can send via a GET (i.e. what you see in the request URL) or POST (i.e. the request's payload) request. AA normally sends its hits via GET requests, so it's very likely that if you have a lot of products in your s.products string, then the resulting request URL to AA's servers has exceeded that browser limitation. And you can't do anything about that because the browser itself has that limitation.

Level 1
Hello yuhuisg, it seems that it is not possible to "force" AA hit as POST request. "AppMeasurement doesn't have an option to manually force a POST call. It will, however, automatically generate a POST call if the request size is greater than 2047 bytes."

Community Advisor
@AiThanh thanks for that update. I've removed that statement from my answer.