Expand my Community achievements bar.

Implementing Web SDK data collection without Analytics: What level of design is recommended to have?

Level 1

Hi everyone, I have a question related to Web SDK data collection implementation without Analytics.

• When you do a regular Adobe Analytics implementation, you would start by creating an SDR document that defines what data you want to collect and even a map of the different rules in Adobe Launch/Data Collection Tags that need to be configured.

QUESTION:
  • Now, if we don't have Adobe Analytics, but instead we want to send data collected on a website to AEP using the Web SDK to be stored directly in a dataset (that would later by used by RT-CDP, for example), what level of design should be expect to have or is recommended to have? Would you recommend to still have a SDR for this solution and if so, what should this document contain? Are there any reference samples one can take a look at?

Any guidance would be really appreciated!

2 Replies

Level 4

We are also exploring this, what we have tried is on CJA instead of RT-CDP. The tracking requirements process is similar to AA, but we need to design the XDM schema which is the key part of the project. Once the schema is confirmed, we need a mapping between the data layer and the schema which is similar to the mapping to eVar/events in AA.

Level 4

Using Adobe Analytics:

• If you're sticking with the traditional Adobe Analytics and want to utilize web sdk for data collection only, you'll still be sending data to eVars and props.
  • For this scenario, having an SDR is highly recommended. An SDR helps ensure consistent data collection and simplifies analysis.

Using AEP, CJA, AJO:

• If you're planning to leverage AEP, CJA and it's other Adobe offerings build on top of AEP, you'll need to create or configure XDM schemas to handle data in both XDM and non-XDM formats.
  • Schemas define the structure of your data, specifying what information is collected and how it's organized.
  • AEP Edge network is responsible for collecting and processing the data according to your schemas.

Data Collection Planning:

• The best approach is to have an internal discussion with various project teams to determine the relevant user data you want to collect.
  • Once you know what data points are crucial, you can proceed with creating appropriate schemas in AEP.
  • Schemas can be complex bassed on your data collection requirement but viewing them in the UI might answers most of your questions so i don't think so creatinig a seperate document is required however i would recomend to create a document about schemas metadata so you'll have a better understanding about which schema being utilized for what purpose.