Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do i save - I am having Issues with saving plugin codes in Launch Adobe Analytics Extension Edit Code screen?

Level 2

Please I need help jumping this huddle. I am use to seeing a lot of warning in my Open Editor screen due to the line break in the plugin codes but now I get an Error which is now preventing me from compiling the library.

Noticed this since the outage yesterday.. How do I save my library, I tried to remove line breaks from the plugin codes but still struggling to save.Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 15.12.02.png

Please help as i have a go-live looming

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

so i now found solutions. Here were two things in play:

- first of all we need the comment mention by @keeTee to be able to save and compile again in the newest version of the custom code editor and preminified code like AppM. thx

- the second thing is how it differently behaves when calling functions that are not defined yet(using hoisting) . Until a few days it was possible to access s_gi function before defining it in the custom code editor for AppM. s_gi function (and other AppM parts) just needed to be in the same custom code instance. Now this is not longer possible and the call of the s_gi should be done after all AppM-Lib-functions are sequentially defined...

old way:

s_gi('reportsuite');

function s_gi(r){...}

new way:

function AppMeasurement(r){....}

function s_gi(r){....}

s_gi('reportsuite');

why this happening? only adobe knows what they changed in the background to change the behavior how javascript usually allows functions to be called before defining.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Employee Advisor

It would probably help to share which AppMeasurement version and which plugin and version you are using.

Level 1

Hi Adobe Team,

We also have this problem with Custom Code Editor in the Adobe Analytics Extension. We try to enter the most recent AppM from Code Center there but saving and compiling is impossible. 

Also when updating to the newest version of the extension the old already existing AppM 2.22.0 was recompiled but now doesn't work any more as the code is corrupted!

This needs to be fixed immediatelly so we can develop further with Adobe Launch!

Thanks!

KR

Marc

Level 2

Hi Marc, not sure if this will help your situation but found that adding this comment /*jshint maxerr: 100000 */ at the top of custom codes that encounter this error unblock the save in most cases. Tip from Adobe support.. 

This helped me 

Level 1

thanks for the tip. with it saving and building works but the built AppM Code throws now error messages in console and as the compiler changes the pre-minified AppM.. so no s_gi command, no s-object no analytics...:-(

marctergo_0-1637245126451.png

Correct answer by
Level 1

so i now found solutions. Here were two things in play:

- first of all we need the comment mention by @keeTee to be able to save and compile again in the newest version of the custom code editor and preminified code like AppM. thx

- the second thing is how it differently behaves when calling functions that are not defined yet(using hoisting) . Until a few days it was possible to access s_gi function before defining it in the custom code editor for AppM. s_gi function (and other AppM parts) just needed to be in the same custom code instance. Now this is not longer possible and the call of the s_gi should be done after all AppM-Lib-functions are sequentially defined...

old way:

s_gi('reportsuite');

function s_gi(r){...}

new way:

function AppMeasurement(r){....}

function s_gi(r){....}

s_gi('reportsuite');

why this happening? only adobe knows what they changed in the background to change the behavior how javascript usually allows functions to be called before defining.

Community Advisor

You should also consider using the Common Analytics Plugins extension to manage your plugins with less code.

Level 1

sorry this is no option for us. just please fix the bug. i will now open a ticket...

Employee Advisor

The bug should be fixed as of late last week.

Level 2

Hi @marctergo got an update from Adobe support that the bug has been fixed. 

Good Luck 

Level 1

thx for the information will test later this week as your and my workaround currently works fine.