Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Enters Viewport event in Adobe Launch

Level 2

I'm new to Adobe Launch. I have to track the first occurence of an element of a page. So when user refreshes or comes back to that page again, the rule should not trigger.

viewport.PNGviewport1.PNG

Can someone explain me where I'm going wrong. The event is triggered everytime  instead of first occurrence.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

When you refresh the page or navigate back to it from an other page, the rules are loaded anew. Launch doesn't store this for longer than one page load. The easiest way to achieve this, is to add a custom code action where you store a flag in the sessionStorage object of the browser and to check for it in a condition if the rule should be triggered.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

When you refresh the page or navigate back to it from an other page, the rules are loaded anew. Launch doesn't store this for longer than one page load. The easiest way to achieve this, is to add a custom code action where you store a flag in the sessionStorage object of the browser and to check for it in a condition if the rule should be triggered.

Employee

Hi, you can add an additonal "Action" to set a Data Element for the Visit/Visitor session to '1', 'true', etc.

This Data Element can then be used in the Rule Conditions to ensure it only fires when the value is not present.