Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Callbacks for _satellite.track()?

Level 1

I am facing an issue with our implementation utilizing Adobe Launch and Adobe Analytics. We have a direct call rule configured in Launch which is fired from _satellite.track(). In our case, immediately after _satellite.track() is fired, the user is redirected to another URL. This means that in many cases, the request to Launch is cancelled by the redirect.

We are currently relying on a setTimeout to give the _satellite.track() call some time to execute, but we are still facing issues. Our application is deployed in China, and under many circumstances the timeout is not enough. Increasing it would be one possibility, but it would mean poor perceived performance for everyone where the call is fast.

Is there any way to register a callback for the _satellite.track() call, so that we know when it has actually finished, and we can redirect the user?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

try this

Promise Polyfill

This extension has no configuration. When installed it will make the Promise API available globally once the Launch library has loaded. This will allow you to use the Promise API inside Custom Code blocks or with any external code outside of your Launch library.

You can find more information about Promises here:

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you seeing canceled AA beacons or is it not getting that far?

If you see beacons being canceled in the network tab, that doesn't necessarily mean that the beacon wasn't tracked - it just means that the browser isn't waiting around for a response from the collection server.

What Actions do you have on the rule that is triggered by _satellite.track?

Level 1

Yes and no. Sometimes we do see that, but the conclusion comes more from comparing lead volumes from the specific pages in AA and Salesforce (which is where our lead forms post the data with HTTP post). In all countries those numbers are pretty much the same (some 0-10% discrepancy), but for our sites in China we constantly see ~50% fewer leads in AA than Salesforce, which has lead us to believe that the tracking call does not reach AA before the form is submitted, and page redirected. This would probably make sense given network conditions in some parts of China.

We have one rule to set event1 (which is our event variable) using Adobe Analytics - Set variables from the extension, after that we send the beacon using Adobe Analytics - Send beacon from the extension. No conditions.

Level 2

It's an SPA or a Regular Web?

Sometimes with regular webs, according to my experience, if the origin of the request is removed the request gets canceled.

You could try to avoid changing page to see if it continues happening.

Hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

try this

Promise Polyfill

This extension has no configuration. When installed it will make the Promise API available globally once the Launch library has loaded. This will allow you to use the Promise API inside Custom Code blocks or with any external code outside of your Launch library.

You can find more information about Promises here:

Level 1

Hi 

I have same issue. My questions are

1 This extension is outdate in 2023?

2 If i install this extension and enable it will affect existing implementation. Our company analytics team has fear that this extension will break system, I am sure that this simple extension will not break anything. but still can confirm

3 Is there any other way to solve that issue without Timeout or extension?