Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Android Launch SDK not passing app ID on Adobe Analytics purchase event

Level 5

Hi all!

Currently working to configure an app with a third-party.

On our purchase page we're sending back products data in the hit using a trackState call (products context data includes 3 merchandising eVars but no price as they are voucher codes e.g. &&products=;product name;1;;event128=1;eVar85=offer name|eVar111=offer brand|eVar121=redemption method

However, none of these register for Android users. For iOS users, purchases are coming through correctly.

I can see hits to the pages themselves but they aren't even counted as app traffic i.e. if I overlay the app segment all the hits disappear.

My processing rules are straightforward. We have a bit of context data called productAction. When this equals 'purchase' I'm setting the orders event with a purchase ID which is also a bit of context data.

At no point am I using the processing rules to set the app ID as I believe this is something that happens automatically.

The developers are building the Android version of the app using React.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

The issue was caused by a duplicated purchase ID that was causing Analytics to ignore the request. I asked the app developers to ensure the purchase ID was unique for each event and now it is working well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

I would check to make sure that Lifecycle and Analytics are properly registered and initialized in the Android app, using the instructions for React Native: 

https://github.com/adobe/react-native-acpanalytics#usage

Beyond that you may want to consider using Project Griffon (Adobe Experience Platform Assurance) to troubleshoot the data being sent from the app. 

Correct answer by
Level 5

The issue was caused by a duplicated purchase ID that was causing Analytics to ignore the request. I asked the app developers to ensure the purchase ID was unique for each event and now it is working well.