Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe push messaging and in-app messaging capability

Level 2

I am looking to explore the push messaging/in-app messaging/SMS notification capability that Adobe can offer. I have gone through the materials although I have a few questions that would help me figure out my direction.

1. We have Adobe Premium account, Adobe mobile services but push messaging and location services is not provisioned. If I have to configure messages with geofencing capability to iOS and android devices, what extra products I need to have access to?

2. I was reading that Adobe Campaign has the capability to send push messages too. What are the exclusive features that Adobe Campaign and Adobe Target offers that we will not be able to accomplish with Adobe Mobile Services (sending messages from marketing dashboard) ??

3.  Any highlights as to why adobe push messaging capability is comparable or better than other tools (like Urban Airship) in the market? Any extra benefit????

Appreciate your feedback !!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Chetan,

I would definitely contact our CSM but just quickly asking for an overview: For push messaging, is there a need for Adobe Campaign if we have Adobe mobile services ? Can Adobe Mobile Service work on it's own or it needs to be integrated with Adobe Campaign?

Thanks,

Sree

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

sreeg59737456​ - if you have the Adobe Analytics Premium SKU, provisioning of Mobile Services may be done by your Adobe administrator to give you appropriate access to push, in-app, and location services.

For questions and collateral on the various messaging offerings across Adobe Experience Cloud - I would suggest reaching out to your Adobe CSM or feel free to send me an email - cprasad at adobe.com so I can get you looped in with your CSM.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Chetan,

I would definitely contact our CSM but just quickly asking for an overview: For push messaging, is there a need for Adobe Campaign if we have Adobe mobile services ? Can Adobe Mobile Service work on it's own or it needs to be integrated with Adobe Campaign?

Thanks,

Sree

Employee

sreeg59737456​ - depends on your use cases. Generally speaking, Campaign and Mobile Services push messaging are mutually exclusive. Campaign uses mobile app subscriber profiles as target audiences while Mobile Services uses Adobe Analytics user segments as target audiences.

Level 2

Thanks Chetan, I had more specific questions that I emailed you on Friday at cprasad@adobe.com keeping my CSM in loop. If you could answer that ASAP that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sree