Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Events Rule is triggering before API call's the results

Level 2

Hi All,

We have an input field and the validation that field is happening through API after arrow button click, in this case if i am using core click as event, rule is triggering before the API Results so data is in accurate, i want trigger the rule after validation of input field means after fetching API results in this case which event and condition need to use or is there any approach your thoughts and suggestions will be helpful

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that you know what a Direct Call event is and how to trigger it with _satellite.track().

In that case, your instruction to your developers would be:

When the API responds, run _satellite.track() (with your desired Direct Call identifier). Most API's include callback functions, so you can run _satellite.track() inside that callback function.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Your best option is to ask your developers to add a _satellite.track() line to their code when the validation has been received. This will trigger a Direct Call, which you can detect in Adobe Launch and do whatever tracking you want.

Level 2

Hi @yuhuisg ,

Thanks for your response, can you give some more information how to use that function and where i need to ask developers to keep it.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I assume that you know what a Direct Call event is and how to trigger it with _satellite.track().

In that case, your instruction to your developers would be:

When the API responds, run _satellite.track() (with your desired Direct Call identifier). Most API's include callback functions, so you can run _satellite.track() inside that callback function.

Level 1

Hi,
If you are ready to go with the datalayer development approach, i would suggest to implement a direct call rule. Direct call rules wait to exactly when to run – this can be done by the developer within the page code or by tapping into a framework or API being used by the site. 

Use the following syntax to set direct call -
_satellite.track("direct call identifier") , here "direct call identifier" will be the identifier that will be used in rule. note that the string value is case sensitive

Level 2

@MayankVashisth  is there any other alternative with out depending on developer

Level 1

@Maheswar_Reddy the other method would be the core click event that you implemented, since the tracking is dependent on validation API so that would not give you accurate results. 
Suggest to go with direct call approach as you can call the event whenever API fetches results.