Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Workflow Orchestration

Level 2

Hello,

¿Is there something to coordinate different workflows?

For example, imagine that we have different workflows and I want to execute them sequentially:

• wf1 updates asset metadata
  • wf2 publish videos to youtube
  • wf3 tweets a couple of messages and posts in facebook in order to promote the published video

The idea behind is to reuse workflows as building blocks, instead of reusing only steps. Thus if I need to create a new workflow that consists of:

• wf1 updates asset metadata
  • wf2 publish videos to youtube
  • wf4 send an email to managers

I could reuse wf1 and wf2.

In other words, could I use a workflow as a step in a workflow?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi alvaro,

Typically even in large implementation we might not end with many workflow so it is ok to have different models but still you will be reusing the same workflow step.  

In any case to your original query couple of ways you can do like  

1. have single workflow with 3 routes OR  
  2. Other way is
    1. configure launcher with each different condition on property
    2. at end of workflow step update the property if required to trigger another workflow.  

Thanks,

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Alvaro,

It looks like this question was posted in the Activation Core Service section of our community. Did this question have to do with Adobe's Dynamic Tag Manager or was it another solution? It looks like it might have been meant for the Adobe Social community.

Let me know and I can move the post if necessary.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 2

Hello Jantzen,

It is my fault. It should have been posted on the Adobe Experience Manager forum. I would be glad if you could move it.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi alvaro,

Typically even in large implementation we might not end with many workflow so it is ok to have different models but still you will be reusing the same workflow step.  

In any case to your original query couple of ways you can do like  

1. have single workflow with 3 routes OR  
  2. Other way is
    1. configure launcher with each different condition on property
    2. at end of workflow step update the property if required to trigger another workflow.  

Thanks,

Administrator

Did you check the response from MC Stuff ?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer. I think, that using the second approach can be more suitable in our situation, as different teams work on different workflows and they evolve independently. 

Regards.