Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

WKND tutorial Chapter 5 mobile navigation JS issue

Level 1

I'm having an issue with the JavaScript provided for the mobile nav in chapter 5. I have followed the steps and gone over them multiple times to see if I missed something, but I keep getting a JS error in the console when viewing the article page with wcmmode=disabled. The nav icon shows up on the smaller screen sizes, but it isn't clickable and doesn't pop out from the left. After inspecting with Chrome DEV tools, I keep seeing the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).appendTo(...).panel is not a function

at HTMLElement.<anonymous>(clientlib-base.js:2029)....

I have copied the code from the GitHub repo and double checked it in Brackets. My includes also appear to be working correctly as I can see the code included within clientlib-base.js, but the error is causing this issue repeatedly. Not sure what I can do to change it, but wondering if anyone else has come across this issue with the WKND tutorial and how you were able to get past this point.

0 Replies