Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Which all exception can use lot of memory and make the system slow on publisher on aem6.5

Level 8

Hi ,

We had seen slowness on few of aem publishers found few errors from the logs.

Could some one help as which all we could consider which could use lot of memory and make the system slow on publisher

I have collected this from access and error log .Do you have any other suggestion as where else I could look around to find more clues on slowness

1>java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

2>org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

org.apache.sling.api.resource.PersistenceException: Unable to commit changes to session.

3>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a valid identifier 'index,index.html'

4>org.apache.sling.servlets.resolver.internal.SlingServletResolver Calling the error handler resulted in an error

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException:

at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:416)

5>Error handler failed:java.io.IOException

6> Cannot access method metadata on object com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.internal.models.v1.SocialMediaHelperImpl@3b5958c1

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null

7> Cannot access method tags on object com.zebra.web.core21.models.MetaTagModel@38f8371

8> org.apache.sling.servlets.post.impl.operations.ModifyOperation Exception during response processing.

org.apache.sling.api.resource.PersistenceException: Unable to commit changes to session.

9> Cannot derive user name for bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-experience-fragments [654] and sub service experience-fragments-service

org.apache.sling.api.resource.LoginException: Cannot derive user name for bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-experience-fragments [654]

10>com.adobe.cq.sightly.WCMUsePojo Failed to activate Use class

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

11>/content/xxx/search.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.lucene.LuceneIndex Index-Traversed 40000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [nt:base] as a where contains(*, 'battery') and isdescendantnode(a, '/content/xxx/abc') /* xpath: /jcr:root/content/xxx//*[(jcr:contains(., 'battery'))] order by @jcr:score descending */ fullText="battery", path=/content/xxx//*)

12>

/bin/security/authorizables.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.search.spi.query.FulltextIndex$FulltextPathCursor Index-Traversed 170000 nodes with filter Filter(query=select [jcr:path], [jcr:score], * from [rep:Authorizable] AS a where isdescendantnode(a, '/home') order by lower([rep:principalName]) , path=/home//*)

13>

org.apache.sling.scripting.sightly.render.ObjectModel Cannot access method start on object com.zebra.web.core.dita.global.models.Search@18c44fec

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2244.invoke(Unknown Source)

14>

org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Resource resolver factory which created this resolver is no longer active.

15>org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

16>

org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpContext handleSecurity: Possible reason is missing Repository service. Check AuthenticationSupport dependencies.

17>

org.apache.sling.resourceresolver.impl.CommonResourceResolverFactoryImpl Forced close of ResourceResolver because the ResourceResolverFactory is shutting down.

Regarads,

Srinivas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I would suggest to check java thread dumps. This will tell you exactly which code is causing the issue.

There are few known errors that cause/break aem -

If you are trying to access a node without resource type in HTL which does not exists.

<article data-sly-resource="${'resource'}"></article>

correct way is : 

<article data-sly-resource="${'resource' @ resourceType='my/resource/type'}"></article>

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@srinivas_chann1 You should probably capture heap and thread dump when memory and CPU utilization is high and analyze those rather than looking to exceptions.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I would suggest to check java thread dumps. This will tell you exactly which code is causing the issue.

There are few known errors that cause/break aem -

If you are trying to access a node without resource type in HTL which does not exists.

<article data-sly-resource="${'resource'}"></article>

correct way is : 

<article data-sly-resource="${'resource' @ resourceType='my/resource/type'}"></article>

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the response.

1>Do we have checklist which could checked upon in logs .

2>Do we have checklist which could checked upon in code for aem

Regards,

Srinivas