Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

When to use 'Layout' nodes in Dialogs AEM 6.3 vs 6.1

Level 4

Can someone explain to me when you would actually use the <layout /> component in a dialog? Is this strictly for semantics?

Layout — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

I've done experimenting, and it doesn't matter if I add the <layout> node as a subresource to a container-like component or not. Did this change from 6.1 to 6.3? I know that in 6.1 Coral was v2 and in 6.3 it was v3.

In 6.1 I used tabs all the time, and it required the <layout> node to work. In 6.3, it doesn't seem to be necessary, as its a container-like component.

Also in the documentation, in 6.1 there is a whole 'layouts' section, but it doesn't exist in AEM 6.3, it just roughly mentions 'layout'.

6.1 Documentation: Welcome to Granite UI’s documentation! — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

6.3 Documentation: Welcome to Granite UI’s documentation! — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

Is this 'layout' idea no longer necessary in 6.3?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I found the documentation that states Layouts are no longer used starting in AEM 6.2.

Migration Guide to CoralUI 3-based — Granite UI 1.0 documentation

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

I found the documentation that states Layouts are no longer used starting in AEM 6.2.

Migration Guide to CoralUI 3-based — Granite UI 1.0 documentation