Expand my Community achievements bar.

Use content on different sites with out SEO problems

Level 2

I have a number of sites all the same basic design and the content is shown dynamically via the navigation. Think a number of links on the navigation that shows that content.

So we don't get problems with Google, while the site name is different the URL is the same structure just year/month/day - article name

How do I do that in experience manager?

9 Replies

Level 2

Well I have already read that and a lot of other bits which is why I was asking the question....So not actually helpfull.... It doesn't  answer my question.

Community Advisor

could you please rephrase your question? That could help us understand your question better and help you.

Level 2

Well I will be repeating my self but...

I have a number of different websites. Some of them share the same content.

While the site name is different the URL is the same structure

websitename/year/month/day/article name

So the content goes in once, shown on different websites.

The navigation is dynamic- shows a number of options - which palls back content based on metadata. 

Community Advisor

@MarkEv 

For your requirement you can use hreflang to tell Google about the variations of your content, so that we can understand that these pages are localized variations of the same content. 

rel="alternate" hreflang

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/crawling/localized-versions

Hope this helps!

Level 2

sorry but no - the question is not about localized versions of the same content.

It is about how do I get a given URL structure in Adobe 

as in

websitename/year/month/day/article name

Community Advisor

@MarkEv You should be able to achieve this through Dispatcher(Vhost) configurations and Sling Mapping; refer to the following post for more details - Configure Sling Mappings for Resource Resolution in Adobe Experience Manager(AEM) — Deep Dive | by A...

Regards

Albin

www.albinsblog.com

Level 2

Interesting, but still  fails for the reasons you give.

• the mapping doesn’t support the regex expressions
  • it doesn’t support cross-site links because this rewriting method is not domain-aware
  • reverse map the content path to the corresponding domain won’t work

websitename1/year/month/day/article name

websitename2/year/month/day/article name

websitename3/year/month/day/article name

No short urls 

Employee Advisor

Hi Mark,

I am sorry, I still don't really get your requirement. From what I understand you have a requirement on the resulting content structure and you have some other constraints (you mention "cross-sites links" and some features of components), which I did not fully understand. Can you please elaborate on this? Maybe using a simple example.