Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unskip pages in MSM in touch UI, AEM 6.4.3.0

Level 2

I am having trouble to find the "unskip" option related to the live copy pages in the touch UI. Does someone know where to find this (screen shot is from the classic UI)?

msm.jpg

Situation: Let's say a "Master-EN" site has ~50 countries (live copies). The decision is made later that some specific pages must not be shown on the author for 20 countries. So it's simply deleted on country level.

After a year those 20 countries must get, edit and publish those pages. I would go to the classic UI MSM, unskip the pages and roll-out.

Here I run into the issue: Roll-out is done in the touch UI via the page properties on "Master-EN" level, tab "blueprint", tick the target country and confirm. But, those 20 countries are excluded, need to be "unskipped" and there is no option for that.

Anyone got a hint?

AEM v6.4.3.0

4 Replies

Level 2

I found the paths of the deleted and skipped pages excluded on live copy level in the "cq:LiveSyncConfig" of the main live copy node in the property "cq:excludedPaths".

I understand why it's there, but still can't find how to configure this in the touch UI.

Employee Advisor

I don't believe there is a feature parity between classic and Touch UI related to MSM functionality(Skip/Unskip).

Regarding "cq:excludedPaths" check below:

This is linked to the action of moving/renaming a Blueprint Page.

In the current versions of MSM, a moved/renamed Blueprint sub-tree is linked to its Livecopies sub-tree *at their old location* .

This means that once the blueprint move is perfomed , the live copy page at the old location becomes a new live copy copy directly linked to the new blueprint location .

Here is a concrete example  :

Let's take a Blueprint website /content/BP with a Livecopy /content/LC

We rename /content/BP/a/page to /content/BP/a/pageRNM

Consequence :

1) The corresponding live copy page /content/LC/a/page becomes a standalone Livecopy as a result of the move .

A cq:LiveSyncConfig is added under its jcr:content node, with a cq:master pointing to the blueprint new location /content/BP/a/pageRNM .

2) A cq:excludedPaths property is added on the cq:LiveSyncConfig node of the root live copy page /content/LC to exclude the new location a/pageRNM

This way, further rollouts will roll out blueprint pages at the new location to linked live copy pages at the old location, rather than creating new live copy pages at the new location.

Level 2

Thanks for the answer.

Let's say the Master Blueprint website "Master-EN" and it's 50 live copies were using the path "/our-deals/perfect-promo".

It has been decided to use "/our-deals/promotions", so the old path on the "Master-EN" and all live copies has been deleted.

Later the decision is taken to bring back "our-deals/perfect-promo" and have it in parallel. The content editor does create it on "Master-EN" and needs to roll it out and localise some content.

All child nodes have "cq:excludedPaths":"our-deals/perfect-promo" and none of the live copies is available for a roll-out.

What would be the suggested steps for the content editor to achieve the roll-out via the touch UI?

It is doable via the classic UI. Would you say the content editor should go for now via the classic UI "Blueprint Control Center" (/etc/blueprints.html)?

Level 3

We do not have option to unskip in touch UI. We are also facing same scenario. One way is via classic UI  or if we have less number of live-copies we ask them to create live-copy directly under respective countries if they insist to have same name for the page or just create page with new name.