Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Unable to insert new components in Touch UI

Level 4

I am using AEM 6.2.

I am unable to insert new component in Touch UI view. When i click "Drag components here" it only show dialog like . but in classic UI I can easily drag and drop the components

I have already added the components in parsys.

error.log

28.11.2016 16:59:41.905 *INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1480332581900] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] apps.sling.servlet.errorhandler.404$jsp RequestUri : /favicon.ico 28.11.2016 16:59:41.905 *INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1480332581900] GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1] apps.sling.servlet.errorhandler.404$jsp Page Path Length: 2 28.11.2016 16:59:42.240 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1480332581883] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/components.1480332512950.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: /libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/componentbrowser/component/component.jsp at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:530) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:44) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:77) at com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetComponentFilter.doFilter(TargetComponentFilter.java:96) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68) at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:151) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68) at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.filterRootInclude(WCMComponentFilter.java:362) at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.doFilter(WCMComponentFilter.java:177) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68) at com.cognifide.cq.includefilter.IncludeTagWritingFilter.doFilter(IncludeTagWritingFilter.java:53) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68) at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDeveloperModeFilter.doFilter(WCMDeveloperModeFilter.java:114) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:68) at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.processComponent(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:282)
6 Replies

Level 3

Are you able to insert components in AEM’s OOTB provided Geometrixx site? Also can you check using any debugging Tool like Firebug, if any exception is coming in the console?

Thanks, Dipti

Level 10

Are you seeing components in the Touch UI Side Rail? 

Level 4

@smacdonald2008   No,  but components are visible in classic UI Sidekick

Administrator

Hi

I also faced this problem some time back.

When i use to double click on "Drag Component Here" same empty Insert New Component message use to come up. 

I would request you to please create a daycare ticket for this.

Reference post:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//This is for all components and these are developed in Classic UI and when we open the same in Touch UI this problem arised.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

@codingStar Search for Apache Sling Main Servlet in /system/console/configMgr and increase the value of Number of Calls per Request to approx. 3000 (1000 default) and try inserting components again.

See if this helps.

-Hit