Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

UGC Migration | JSRP to MSRP

Level 1

Hi,

We have a community website which currently stores UGC in JCR  and we are now planning to migrate to Mongo as common storage layer. Does AEM provide any utility to migrate existing JCR User generated content to Mongo ?

Are there any best practices around doing UGC migration from JCR to Mongo ? 

ENV : AEM Version 6.1 + Feature pack 3

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

It should be possible to use the AEM Communities UGC Migration Tool to move from one SRP to another.

- JK

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

It should be possible to use the AEM Communities UGC Migration Tool to move from one SRP to another.

- JK

Level 9

Note, the README for the UGC Migration tool has been updated to note 

• package com.adobe.communities.ugc.migration: This provides both an exporter and an importer service for UGC and profile data into and out of AEM 6.1+.

- JK

Level 1

Thanks @JK

We were able to migrate UGC from one SRP to another using AEM-Communities-UGC-Migration tool  (GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-communities-ugc-migration: AEM Communities UGC Migration Tool )

Level 1

Hi JK/Vinay,

We are migrating UGC data from 5.5 to 6.2. Do we need to run the export utility in 5.5 instance. Once i install the GIT hub code package, the import bundle is expecting few more dependencies. So it is in installed state. There is no use if i install the import package in 6.2 instance.

Please guide me whether i am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Swapna