Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can't edit node properties in crx/de after asset is checked in

Level 3

In the terminology I'm familiar with, "to check something out" is to reserve it. "To check something in" is to commit your changes and free it for future use.

I have some server-side code that performs some operations and creates a new node after a file is uploaded. After I check this new node out and check it back in again, I'm getting an error when attempting to tweak it in crx/de:

Could not save changes. Received 409 (Conflict) for saving changes in workspace crx.default. Cannot set property. Node [name] is checked in.

But, I thought if it's "checked in" then that means that it's free?  Or if I have to check it out again before it can be used, how can you "check out" things through crx/de?

Also, can I avoid this altogether by making my node of a certain type, so that it doesn't need to go through any of this? I don't have problems editing other nodes, through crx/de

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

For the semantic of "check-in" please see the JCR 2 specification (at [1]).

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/content/docs/en/spec/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.13.2.2%20Checked-In%20...