Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

TouchUI field description(tooltip) property in a form/select box not adding carriage return on rendered page

Level 1

I need some help with TouchUI field description (tooltip) property in AEM 6.3.  So I have a long tooltip for a "granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select".  When the dialog is rendered the tooltip does not add a carriage return and runs off the dialog (see below ex. 1b). 

I have tried adding a <br> in dialog "fieldDescription="Options to change the padding around the text of Checkerboard,<br>present in the current dialog's component"." 

I'v tried adding html in dialog -  "fieldDescription="<p><span style="display:block">Options to change the padding around the text of Checkerboard,</span>present in the current dialog's component</p>""

I've tried adding manual carriage return in dialog -  "fieldDescription="Options to change the padding around the text of Checkerboard,

present in the current dialog's component"."

None of this forces the rendered dialog to carriage return.  My text keeps getting cut off.  This is very weird behavior.  See my second screen shot (see below ex. 2b), the checkbox field does add a carriage return without any customization on my part.  Don't know why the checkbox works and the select box field description doesnt.  does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue.

1a. Select xml

------------------------------

<selectfield

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select"

fieldLabel="Padding"

fieldDescription="Options to change the padding around the text of Checkerboard,</span>present in the current dialog's component"

defaultValue="80"

name="./selectfield">

<items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<eighty

text="80 (Default)"

value="80"/>

<forty

text="40"

value="40"/>

</items>

</selectfield>

---------------------------------

1b. Textbox tooltip rendered broken

1521116_pastedImage_0.png

3a. Checkbox dialog xml

---------------------

<flipCheckerboard

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/checkbox"

value="{Boolean}true"

uncheckedValue="{Boolean}false"   

fieldLabel="Flip checkerboard?"

fieldDescription="Checking this will put the image in the first checkerboard on the right instead of the left."

text="Flip checkerboard?"

name="./flipCheckerboard"/>

-----------------------

3. Checkbox tooltip rendered,not broken

1521117_pastedImage_3.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It seems there is an issue with Coarl3 tooltip components. works fine with Coarl2.(if you change select to Granite to Coral).

The tooltip class (coral3-Tooltip) is creating problems.

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 11.27.20 AM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 7

Hi,

We replicated your code and its working fine for us as can be seen in the screenshot provided. It looks like you are doing some customization to your dialog due to which the default css for the tooltip is breaking and it is going out of the boundary.We have provided a screenshot for the tooltip behavior with broken css as well.

<padding

sling:resourceType="/libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/select"

defaultValue="80"

fieldDescription="Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, at aperiam praesent nam, tation vocibus signiferumque ius ut, quo dicam labitur facilisi ex. Quo ei laoreet principes, mei no nulla quodsi deterruisset. Mel autem saepe ei, cu diceret tibique definiebas est. Vitae graecis nominavi has at, est et meis euismod propriae. Te eos putent definitiones, has vivendum tacimates ea. At petentium reformidans contentiones nam, mea in labitur quaerendum, vix ne dicunt splendide. Mea deseruisse inciderint ne, adolescens appellantur ius cu, fugit utinam his an."

fieldLabel="Padding Value"

name="./padding">

<items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">

<eighty

text="80(default)"

value="80"/>

<forty

text="40"

value="40"/>

</items>

</padding>

Normal dialog:

DescriptionTooltip.jpg

Dialog with broken css:

BrokenCss.jpg

We hope this helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Community Advisor

How did you reproduce Scenario #2 with broken css?

Community Advisor

The onClock event on tooltip icon inserting inline css and adding left property with negative, that is causing issue.

To fix this you can add below CSS to authoring clientlibs.

.cq-dialog-floating .coral-Dialog-content .cq-dialog-content .coral-Form-fieldwrapper .coral3-Tooltip{

left: 110px!important;

}

You can adjust left accordingly.

The issue could be with OOTB CSS or the way dialog is created.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

This is a bug to Adobe and this tool tip works well in full screen editor. So problem is only when dialog editor is open in small screen.