Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped - AEM extracts

Level 4

Am using  query builder.json to get the content details. While hitting the content node(/content/XX) am getting the exception:

The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes. To avoid affecting other tasks, processing was stopped

I need all the data. May I know how can i achieve it?

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Either you can create the index for the query using the oakutils tool or update the traversal limit from [2]

NOTE: Increasing the traversal limit might lead to high memory usage.

[1] http://oakutils.appspot.com/generate/index

[2] http://<host>:<port>/system/console/jmx/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak%3Aname%3Dsettings%2Ctype%3DQueryEn...

Level 2

Hi @Jörg_Hoh ,

I have a similar scenario where, I am using -

resourceResolver.findResources(queryString, Query.JCR_SQL2);

for getting the results.
I could check in explain query tool that, indexes are being picked, but I am getting the error - 
'The query read or traversed more than 100000 nodes'
Looks like the query is returning more than 1 lac results and it aborted the operation.

I have some sub-paths for exclusion as well, which will get the result count to less than 1 lac.
Is there a way to modify the query to exclude the results at the time of query and avoid hitting the error?
or any other better way?

Employee Advisor

This means that you have created a query which is not covered by any index, and which is thus aborted. You should create an index to match your query (or you should change your query to make use of an existing index).

What's your query, and what AEM version are you using?

Level 4
Thank you all for the help. Am using aem 6.3 and we are using the query to generate the aem extracts. We were using the query builder.json. Currently purged the content and looking for long term plan, but now we are good.