Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Terminology "Template"

Level 2

Hi,

>>Resource Type: The component's path that is assigned to the template and copied to implementing pages. Enter customer/components/page/templateCustomer.

i would have a question concerning the terminology of "template" in the most AEM tutorials.

If I create a template I name it e.g. "template..." - thats clear and makes sense for me.

What is not clear for my is, why to name recource type also starting with "template".

Is this a convention? - Because actually the resource type is a component for my understanding.

Thanks a lot for help!

All the best

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

hi

AFAIK there is no convention like this, I see quite a lot this structure:

/apps/<project>/templates/contentpage

/apps/<project>/page/contentpage

Where in this case /page/ is the base-page, and the template "contentpage" is pointing to the "page/contentpage" resourceType.

Hope this helps.

Feike

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

hi

AFAIK there is no convention like this, I see quite a lot this structure:

/apps/<project>/templates/contentpage

/apps/<project>/page/contentpage

Where in this case /page/ is the base-page, and the template "contentpage" is pointing to the "page/contentpage" resourceType.

Hope this helps.

Feike

Level 10

Max,

firstly there is no naming convention of having 'template' either for the templates or the page components associated to the templates.

So, templates should be under the folder 'templates' with type cq:template and a sling:resoucetype mapping to the page components to render inside the templates. Nothing else to worry :)