Expand my Community achievements bar.

Client context in publish machine

Level 4

Hi Guys, 

Kindly some one share me your thoughts on client context. 

As per my understanding, client context is related to one publish machine, Then if that particular publish machine goes down.Can we still replicate that client context to other machine.

Kindly correct me if am wrong.

Thanks

n

4 Replies

Employee

Hi,

In general, the data in the Client Context is stored on the client side, either in cookies or local storage, so it should seemlessly transfer from server to server.

Regards,

Justin

Level 4

Thanks for your response Justin. In this case, if we store data in client side it would be a security concern. How to overcome this problem.

Regards,

n

Employee

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. The Client Context is client-side technology. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What specifically are your security concerns?

Regards,

Justin

Level 4

Hi, 

I try to do the personalization(show offers in the purchase page) based on the user login, user search and so on. To do this we need to maintain client context. 

If I try to keep user secured information on cookie or local storage, there is a possibility of tampering the data. kindly suggest me how to over come this issue.

Kindly suggest me do we have any other options to achieve the pesonalization without maintaining client side data?

Thanks

n