Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Styling System not reflecting in higher environment

Level 2

Hi,
I created styling system for one component in my local and deployed it to higher environment but I cannot see the component policy on my landing page template , is there something to be done with filters present in meta.INF folder or anything else is the reason behind it, please help me in resolving this.

Thanks,

Sandeep

CC : @EstebanBustamante  , @kautuk_sahni  , @ksh_ingole7 , @ayush-804  , @arunpatidar 

1 Accepted Solution

Level 6

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

Can u remove policies from u r local from crx/de  and deploy u r code containing policies in local and check if it works in u r local.

check in filter.xml under ui.content should contain below and share us the filter.xml of your's ui.content 

<filter root="/conf/portal">
        <exclude pattern="/conf/potal/settings/cloudconfigs(/.*)?"/>
   </filter>

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

You should map the policy with component inside template in the code base under template/policies -content.xml so when u do build component in template gets the policy.

something like this 

<componentnamejcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<v1 jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<componentname                              cq:policy="projectname/components/content/componentname/v1/componentname/policy_1700749377665"
  jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
  sling:resourceType="wcm/core/components/policies/mapping"/>
   </v1>
  </component-name>

projectname/components/content/componentname/v1/componentname/policy_1700749377665 this should be the policy u have created.
Thanks,
Keerthi K.

Level 2

Hi @Keerthi0555 ,
Sorry, I forgot to mention, but I had already did that, any other solution?

Thanks.

Level 9

@Sandeep_k_Singh 

If you already tried @Keerthi0555 solution, try the below to debug the issue:

1. Check that the component policy is correctly configured in the _cq_design_dialog folder of your component. The _cq_design_dialog/.content.xml file should include the <styletab> entry to enable the Style System tab, as shown in the example below:
xml
<tabs jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/tabs" maximized="{Boolean}true">
<items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<styletab jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include" path="/mnt/overlay/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/style/tab_design/styletab"/>
</items>
</tabs>

2. Verify that the component is included in the components section of the _rep_policy.xml file for the landing page template. This file defines the allowed components and their policies for the template.

3. Check if the filters present in the META-INF/vault/filter.xml file are excluding the component policy or any related files. The filters should not exclude the _cq_design_dialog folder or any other folders/files required for the component policy.

Finally, try clearing the dispatcher cache and browser cache after deploying the changes to the higher environment.

Level 6

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

Can u remove policies from u r local from crx/de  and deploy u r code containing policies in local and check if it works in u r local.

check in filter.xml under ui.content should contain below and share us the filter.xml of your's ui.content 

<filter root="/conf/portal">
        <exclude pattern="/conf/potal/settings/cloudconfigs(/.*)?"/>
   </filter>

Administrator

@Sandeep_k_Singh Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni