Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Styling System not reflecting in higher environment

Level 2

Hi,
I created styling system for one component in my local and deployed it to higher environment but I cannot see the component policy on my landing page template , is there something to be done with filters present in meta.INF folder or anything else is the reason behind it, please help me in resolving this.

Thanks,

Sandeep

CC : @EstebanBustamante  , @kautuk_sahni  , @ksh_ingole7 , @ayush-804  , @arunpatidar 

1 Accepted Solution

Level 6

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

Can u remove policies from u r local from crx/de  and deploy u r code containing policies in local and check if it works in u r local.

check in filter.xml under ui.content should contain below and share us the filter.xml of your's ui.content 

<filter root="/conf/portal">
        <exclude pattern="/conf/potal/settings/cloudconfigs(/.*)?"/>
   </filter>

5 Replies

Level 6

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

You should map the policy with component inside template in the code base under template/policies -content.xml so when u do build component in template gets the policy.

something like this 

<componentnamejcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<v1 jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<componentname                              cq:policy="projectname/components/content/componentname/v1/componentname/policy_1700749377665"
  jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
  sling:resourceType="wcm/core/components/policies/mapping"/>
   </v1>
  </component-name>

projectname/components/content/componentname/v1/componentname/policy_1700749377665 this should be the policy u have created.
Thanks,
Keerthi K.

Level 2

Hi @Keerthi0555 ,
Sorry, I forgot to mention, but I had already did that, any other solution?

Thanks.

Level 9

@Sandeep_k_Singh 

If you already tried @Keerthi0555 solution, try the below to debug the issue:

1. Check that the component policy is correctly configured in the _cq_design_dialog folder of your component. The _cq_design_dialog/.content.xml file should include the <styletab> entry to enable the Style System tab, as shown in the example below:
xml
<tabs jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/tabs" maximized="{Boolean}true">
<items jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
<styletab jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/include" path="/mnt/overlay/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/style/tab_design/styletab"/>
</items>
</tabs>

2. Verify that the component is included in the components section of the _rep_policy.xml file for the landing page template. This file defines the allowed components and their policies for the template.

3. Check if the filters present in the META-INF/vault/filter.xml file are excluding the component policy or any related files. The filters should not exclude the _cq_design_dialog folder or any other folders/files required for the component policy.

Finally, try clearing the dispatcher cache and browser cache after deploying the changes to the higher environment.

Level 6

Hi @Sandeep_k_Singh 

Can u remove policies from u r local from crx/de  and deploy u r code containing policies in local and check if it works in u r local.

check in filter.xml under ui.content should contain below and share us the filter.xml of your's ui.content 

<filter root="/conf/portal">
        <exclude pattern="/conf/potal/settings/cloudconfigs(/.*)?"/>
   </filter>

Administrator

@Sandeep_k_Singh Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni