Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Stale nodes list

Level 2

Hi,

Is there any way to get the list of all the stale nodes in AEM6.1?

Regards,

Arnab

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Essentially, it should update the same nodes !! If not there is some issue with your component behavior !

Also, in any case there is no way AEM list all the unused nodes, it has to be handled manually or by customized services 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Can you please expand on what you mean by stale nodes.  What is your use case? 

Level 10

As @Scott mentioned, please give a specific usecase you are looking at. It depends on what you call it as stale nodes. Is it unused version nodes or unused content nodes. Each type of stale nodes should be handled in a different way. However, there is no such OOB feature to list all the stale/unused nodes.

Level 9

@Bsloki,

May I know, How do we get list of unused nodes in the repository?.

---Jitendra

Level 2

We authored a component and it has created content node column1 and column2. After that we modified the authoring details and it has created two more new nodes in the page content node, but it didnt delete the previously created nodes(column1 and column2). Now how to segregate these stale nodes(column1 and column2).

Level 10

If you know the JCR path where your component creates nodes - then write a service that deletes the nodes. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Essentially, it should update the same nodes !! If not there is some issue with your component behavior !

Also, in any case there is no way AEM list all the unused nodes, it has to be handled manually or by customized services 

Level 2

bsloki wrote...

Can you please tell me what condition is to be given while filtering the stale node. As I cant see any property difference in stale node.