I want to try use session such as

session.setAttribute(userIDKey, userID);

on a jsp page.

in global.jsp I  have

--%><%@page session="false" import="javax.jcr.*,

If I change it to

--%><%@page session="true" import="javax.jcr.*,

then every page I try display give

/libs/foundation/global.jsp(44,4) Page directive: illegal to have multiple occurrences of session with different values (old: false, new: true)

else

If I leave global.jsp with

--%><%@page session="false" import="javax.jcr.*,

And I try enable session on my jsp page

<%@page contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>
<%@include file="/libs/foundation/global.jsp"%>
<%@page session="true"%>

I get

org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: /apps/components/comps/compponentexample/compponentexample.jsp(3,0) Page directive: illegal to have multiple occurrences of session with different values (old: false, new: true)

Is there a way to be able to use session object in aem 6.1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Modify content under libs is not best practice  - that includes /libs/foundation/global.jsp. 

Getting a session in JSP is similiar to using Java on backend. Here is a community article that show you the syntax: 

http://teknopoint.us/adobe-cq5-code-snippets-cheat-shs/

(I personally prefer using OSGi to create sessions and perform CRUD operations on JCR data that require a session)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Modify content under libs is not best practice  - that includes /libs/foundation/global.jsp. 

Getting a session in JSP is similiar to using Java on backend. Here is a community article that show you the syntax: 

http://teknopoint.us/adobe-cq5-code-snippets-cheat-shs/

(I personally prefer using OSGi to create sessions and perform CRUD operations on JCR data that require a session)

Level 6

Thank you Scott,

I will use your recommendation use an OSGI bundle to set and retrieve session values on the JCR.

Regards

Clive Stewart

Employee

Hi Clive,

what is your use case for maintaining a session? What data are you wanting to use across requests?

Regards,

Opkar