Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Siteadmin fulltext search working

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to understand how full text search works in siteadmin.

My requirement is:

Can i search a page with a particular text present in the page using the site admin search functionality?

Say for example, We.retail page(http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/we-retail/us/en.html ) we search a word "coldest" so it will come in the search results but if i search for "All Rights Reserved" it will not show anything.

This is happening with many pages.

I just want to understand how does the full text search works.

According to my understanding the search results are restricted to the content level and will display results only for properties value stored under /content/page/par/dragged-component/property-value

If you have any article or implementation please guide.

Thanks,

Arjit.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Arjit,

Fulltext in the search panel of siteadmin lets you search for the specified text across all your website pages. The search will only be applied to your current console which is mentioned in the below document.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/author-environment/search.html

Hence the fulltext term is searched under /content but not under /apps and /etc/designs which is why nothing is showing up on searching with "All Rights Reserved". To understand this in detail, try searching for "All Rights Reserved" from Home tab search in CRXDE Lite. You'll be able to see the search results for "All Rights Reserved" in /apps, /etc and /libs, but not in /content. Hence nothing is showing up on searching with "All Rights Reserved".

Whereas when you try with some other sample text say for example, "global geometric scenarios", you'll be see the search results as this text is stored under /content.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

It looks like your question is around AEM. I've moved it to the Adobe Experience Manager community. Please let me know if I misunderstood the question.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Arjit,

Fulltext in the search panel of siteadmin lets you search for the specified text across all your website pages. The search will only be applied to your current console which is mentioned in the below document.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/author-environment/search.html

Hence the fulltext term is searched under /content but not under /apps and /etc/designs which is why nothing is showing up on searching with "All Rights Reserved". To understand this in detail, try searching for "All Rights Reserved" from Home tab search in CRXDE Lite. You'll be able to see the search results for "All Rights Reserved" in /apps, /etc and /libs, but not in /content. Hence nothing is showing up on searching with "All Rights Reserved".

Whereas when you try with some other sample text say for example, "global geometric scenarios", you'll be see the search results as this text is stored under /content.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

Level 2

Thank you for the answer.

i understood it well but can u guide me a little on how can i customize the ootb siteadmin search functionality to search for a page content no matter where it is written i.e. can be under /etc or /content or /apps.

As per my understanding we have to overlay /libs/wcm/core/content/search/searchpanel/facets/fulltext under /apps and then proceed and in backend we have to implement FulltextPredicateEvaluator class and change the rel_path value in fulltext predicate.

Please guide me or if anyone has implemented something similar please share the articles or documents or package(if possible).